What We Do > Volunteer With Us
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
It’s been said that volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.
Since the 1970s, the Volunteer Services Department at The Community House has provided a matching service, linking young people and adults with meaningful volunteer opportunities according to their interests.
Volunteer opportunities are available for students, professionals, retirees, stay-at-home parents and families. We offer something for everyone!
Are you interested in…
- Creative or business writing
- Photography for our website and promotions
- Working with Seniors in our Active Adults program
- Providing musical accompaniment for events
- Website maintenance
- Helping at an After School program for elementary and middle school students
- Opportunities for teen volunteers at our summer camps
- Technology and Social Media
- Data Entry
Learn About our Junior Board >>
While other volunteer matching services exist in the Chicago area, we are unique. Our face-to-face interview process helps find the right person for the right position! Schedule your interview and learn how you can make a difference in your community. Help out! Pitch in! And get started now!
In the words of Anne Frank: “How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world.”
If you are interested, click here to contact Beth Metelak, Director of Volunteer Services, 630-323-7500 Ext. 247.