The Community House believes that play is the best form of research, and we pride ourselves on providing safe and engaging environments where students can learn while being provided with support from highly qualified, talented and enthusiastic staff.
As we all adjust to a new normal, and Illinois school districts begin to welcome students back this fall, we have developed a number of ways to help you navigate the 2020-21 school year.
Please see below for a list of programs and pertinent information.
E-LEARNING CARE PROGRAM
Description: Your child can thrive this school year in a safe, healthy and engaging environment as they learn virtually with assistance from our experienced staff of child care professionals. Plus, cohorts will receive academic support from one Village Tutor up to an hour per day, when needed.
While learning and completing their work will be a priority, we will also provide students with the opportunity to interact with their peers and participate in enrichment activities through our very own LyArts Program. Please note, this program is designed to follow the School District 181 schedule, The Community House is not providing curriculum, but providing support for your student as they complete School District 181 curriculum.
AM Daily Schedule
8:00- 8:40 a.m.- Drop off/Individual Fun Packets
8:40- 9:10 a.m.- Literacy
9:10- 9:30 a.m.- Math
9:30-10:00 a.m.- Science
10:00-10:30 a.m.- Social Studies
10:30-11:10 a.m.- PE/Specials
11:10-11:30 a.m.- Outdoor or Physical Activity
11:30-12:00 p.m.- LUNCH
12:00-12:20 p.m.- Get Ready for School/Parent Pick Up
*From 9:30 – 10:30, cohorts will receive academic support as needed from one tutor
PM Daily Schedule
11:30- 12:00 p.m.- Parent Drop Off/LUNCH
12:00- 12:40 p.m.- Individual Fun Packets
12:40- 1:10 p.m.- Literacy
1:10- 1:30 p.m.- Math
1:30- 2:00 p.m.- Science
2:00- 2:30 p.m.- Social Studies
2:30- 3:10 p.m.- PE/Specials
3:10- 3:30 p.m.- Get Ready for Parent Pick Up
*From 1:30 – 2:30, cohorts will receive academic support as needed form one tutor
- This program will be held at The Community House. We will do our best to split the groups by their school. No group will have more than 10 children and they will be spaced 6 ft. apart.
- Transportation will need to be provided by a parent/guardian. A parent, guardian or pre- approved adult will need to drop off and pick up your child.
- Masks are required
- NEW: table guards are in place for additional protection.
- NEW: Students are provided with a canvas bag where they keep their individual school supplies.
- NEW: Maintenance staff sanitizes the room daily between 12:20 and 12:40 when we transition from AM to PM groups.
- We will be offering an adaptive After the Bell Program that will be held at The Community House from 3:30-5:30pm. It will be an extension to the E-Learning Day. To register or learn more information regarding this program please search your child’s school on our registration site and it will be listed under After the Bell.
- You will need to provide your child a peanut free lunch, as we will provide lunch time at The Community House.
- We will be following the School District’s E-Learning Schedule. To ensure your child stays focused, we ask you send them with a pair of headphones so they are not distracted by surrounding noise.
- Registration is completed weekly and to keep pods consistent, we are not accepting daily registration. Registration must be completed by 12PM the Thursday before the following week. If you need to register after 12PM on Thursday, registration will be in person only until Friday at 12PM, but a $15 late fee will be added.
REGISTER FOR E-CARE LEARNING NOW
KINDERGARTEN ENRICHMENT ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
Click here to learn about K.E.A.P. and register
For more information please contact Taylor Enger at 630-323-7500 ext. 248 or at email@example.com