What We Do > Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
SAVE THE DATE! Sunday, April 22 is the 11th Annual Walk the Walk for Autism
Click here to register your team today!
- Spring Craft Show on April 7 from 9 am – 1 pm at Chateau Orleans/Chuck’s Cafe, 8025 S. Cass Avenue, Darien, IL
- Peak Running with a Twist on April 12 from 6 – 8 pm. Enjoy light snacks and wine tasting as you view the latest styles in athletic and footwear for running, yoga, tennis, paddle and more! Beer and Wine will be available for purchase and 15% of total sales from the evening will be donated
About Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Charlie’s Gift offers individual and group therapy, and family support services, to address the behavioral and developmental needs of children, adolescents and young adults who are challenged by:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Social-communication disorders
- Sensory processing and integration disorders
- Anxiety, mood and attention deficit disorders
Charlie’s Gift addresses the needs of children and families facing autism and related disorders through speech, occupational, behavior therapy, counseling services, social skills development, parent advocacy and family support. All children are welcome, including those without a diagnosis. As a community wide resource serving the Chicago metro area, Charlie’s Gift strives to raise the awareness of the impact of autism and related disorders on families.
Through a family-centered team based approach, Charlie’s Gift is committed to providing a range of services to optimize the development of the child and adolescent, the personal growth of the young adult, and strengthen the family as a whole.
What Makes Charlie’s Gift Unique?
- We provide a comprehensive array of therapy services and fun group activities for children to offer a holistic approach to intervention.
- We work with children in the context of their family,which means that parents, siblings, and extended family members are supported as well.
- We utilize an empowerment model to foster personal growth in young adults
- We strive to raise awareness of Autism Spectrum and related disorders by providing community education and community based services.
Charlie’s Gift Center Returned to TCH in Hinsdale in 2017
The Community House is delighted to announce the return of Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders to our Hinsdale facility. Through a family-centered, team approach, Charlie’s Gift addresses the needs of children and families facing autism, sensory processing disorders, anxiety, and other mental health issues. To read more about the move, click here.
Questions, comments, or want to stay connected?
Email Cara Romanini, Clinic Coordinator, at email@example.com