Have fun at Summer Camp!
The Community House full day summer camp has a long history of play based summer fun! Many of our talented, energetic and safety minded staff are studying to be teachers and all of them look forward to making this a wonderful summer for your child!
The Community House Summer Day Camp is the perfect spot to spend your summer! The Camp is broken up into weekly themes, each centered around the field trip, activities and projects for that week. Each camp session will offer the children an array of fun and creative learning experiences including sports, drama, environmental awareness, games, music, and crafts.
Each week features swimming at Hinsdale Pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, weekly field trips, and free lunch on Fridays. Every camper will receive a camp T-shirt (one per child). Now introducing Clubs! Clubs will give your child the chance to customize his or her Day Camp experience. Listed below are some of the clubs included this summer.
Xtreme Sports Kids in the Kitchen
Fashion Design S.T.E.M
The Camp will be broken into three different groups. Groups will combine on pool days and field trip days.
Minnows Summer Camp
Ages: 6-8 years old (Incoming 1st and 2nd Grade)
Stingrays Summer Camp
Ages: 9-10 years old (Incoming 3rd and 4th grade)
Sharks Summer Camp
Ages: 10-12 years old (Incoming 5th– 8th grade)
When: 9:00 am-3:00 pm (extended hours are available from 7:30am-6:00pm for an additional fee)
Half Day options are available from 9AM-12PM or 12PM-3PM (not available on field trip days)
Dates: June 12-August 18 (no camp July 4)
Where: The Community House
How Much: Members: $45 per day, or $170 per week (Family Rate is $135 per week*)
Non-Members: $60 per day, or $215 per week (Family Rate is $170 per week*)
*Family rate applies to siblings only. The first child pays the regular weekly rate,
and then each additional child receives the discounted family rate.
Half Day Camp
Half Day Options are now available
Time: 9:00AM-12:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM
Fee: Members: $30 per day
Non Members: $45 per day
Fee: Members: $8 per day or $30 per week
Non-Members: $18 per day or $80 per week
Fee: Members: $17 per day or $75 per week
Non-Members: $27 per day or $125 per week
Weekly Themes and Trips
- Week 1: Under the Sea – June 11-15 Museum of Science and Industry
- Week 2: Fitness Week – June 18-22 Urban Air Trampoline Park
- Week 3: Harry Potter Week– June 25- 29 Medieval Times
- Week 4: Animal Week– July 2- 6 Brookfield Zoo on Tuesday, July 3rd
- Week 5: Sports Week – July 9-13 National Dodgeball Tournament(4th-8th Grade) on Friday, July 13th Flying High Gymnastics (1st-3rd Grade) on Wednesday, July 11th
- Week 6: Holiday Week- July 16-20 Santa’s Village Amusement Park on Friday, July 20th
- Week 7: Water Week- July 23-27 Cypress Cove Waterpark
- Week 8: Adventure Week– July 30-Aug. 3 Safari Land Amusement Park
- Week 9: Beach Week– August 8-11 Joliet Splash Station Waterpark
- Week 10:Carnival Week– August 13-17 In House Field Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
- If my child does not attend a day I registered for, can I get a credit/refund?
-As is typical with most day camps and day care situations, we are unable to offer refunds once a child is registered for the Summer Day Camp program unless you notify us within 24 hours. There will be no refunds given for Field Trip Days
- Why can’t I register my second or third child online for the family rate?
-The online registration system does not have the capability to adjust payment for multiple children.
- Can I register my child AFTER I pick them up?
– Registration for all programs at The Community House MUST be completed before attending that program, and children may not be dropped off without being registered.
- What if I forgot to pack my child a lunch? Do you have extra food available?
-We will only be able to provide a small snack (i.e. chips, fruit snacks) for your child in the event that a lunch is not provided.
- On swimming days, should my child wear their swimsuit or bring it along in a backpack?
-Your child is welcome to wear a swimsuit under their clothes, or they can bring it along as changing stations will be available at the pool.
- What do you do if there is bad weather on a field trip day?
-In the case of bad weather, we will have alternate plans provided and will provide parents with the details prior to that day.
- What should my child wear to camp?
-The proper attire for most camp days are summer attire (shorts, t-shirt or tank top) and most importantly, GYM SHOES (no sandals, please)!
- Do I need to provide extra spending money for my child on field trip days?
-It is the parent’s discretion to provide their child with extra spending money, though not necessary, and it is the child’s responsibility to keep track of that money.
- What does a typical camp day look like?
-Camp days vary depending on which day (pool days, field trip days, etc.), but a typical day would include indoor/outdoor games, craft projects, cooking projects, trips to the park, and more!
- If an emergency arises and I need to sign my child up for after care for the day, can I do that when I come to pick them up?
-As stated above, registration MUST be completed before the child attends the camp for that day; however, if an emergency arises, we ask that you please contact The Community House at 630-323-7500. Ext. 247
- If the field trip day has the maximum number registered, is there alternate care available for my child?
-Alternate care will not be provided should the maximum count be reached on a field trip day.