Rising to the Challenge of College Workshops
Does your college student or graduating senior experience:
- Concerns about academic success?
- Fears about dating, social situations or making new friends?
- Worries about new autonomy?
- Worries about making positive life-choices?
If so, Rising to the Challenge Workshops can help!
Many teens worry about having an optimal experience in college. They worry that college will be filled with the same troubles they experienced in high school. This workshop, offered by the clinical staff of the Counseling Center, will help soon-to-be college students learn tools and skills on how to be healthy and successful in college, such as:
- Accepting self-responsibility and entering young adulthood
- Strategies for managing stress
- Socializing and Dating
- The party culture and addiction
- Dealing with anxiety/depression
Participants of the Rising to the Challenge Workshops will create a practical and healthy vision for their college experience and the means to achieve that vision. New, current or returning college students are welcome to register for the workshop series.
Where: The Community House
415 W 8th Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521
When: Tuesday nights from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Eight weekly Summer sessions, June 24 through August 12
Cost: $280 for eight sessions, Limited scholarships are available
For more information or to register, contact: Jennifer Geiter, LCSW
(630) 323-7500 ext. 233 firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to register is Tuesday, June 17. Space is limited, so register early!