Charlie’s Gift Mid-America Real Estate Group
We are delighted to partner with Mid-America Real Estate Group in support of
our Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders.
Charlie’s Gift provides a family-centered, team approach to address the needs of children and families facing autism and other related disorders. As a community-wide resource serving the Chicago metro area, Charlie’s Gift strives to support the family as a whole, educate the community, and raise awareness about the importance of beginning therapy early so children have the best possible start to reach their full potential.
How your contribution will make a difference
- $100 will provide access to summer camps for a child at Charlie’s Gift
- $500 will allow a Charlie’s Gift child to receive 6 sessions of individual therapy
- $1,000 will enable a Charlie’s Gift child to receive 6 moths of a weekly social group experience
Charlie’s Gift Statistics
- More than 100 children with Autism and their families participated in our therapeutic programs and Services annually.
- 1,800 clinical hours providing various therapies and recreational opportunities to help children and families cope with the effects of Autism.
- Nearly 1,600 Walkers participated in the 2014 Walk the Walk for Autism!
- Autism Spectrum Disorder affects 1 in 68 children.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders are 5 times more common in boys than girls.
- More children are being diagnosed at an early age so they have the earliest start possible to begin intervention.
- The cost of lifelong care can range from $3.5-7 million for an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- 88% of all marriages end in divorce after their child has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder is the fastest growing developmental disability.
Through Charlie’s Gift, The Community House is able to provide the following services to families in the metro Chicago area:
- Behavioral Therapy & Counseling
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy using both a fine motor and a sensory based therapy approach
- Group services that focus on mental health therapy, speech and language development, fine motor and sensory integration, and social skills development
- SibShops – recreational, educational, and fun groups for the brothers and sisters of children with special needs
- Coffee & Conversations, a monthly parent-to-parent networking, educational and support group
- Lending library of books and resources for families
- School and IEP Advocacy
- A variety of seasonal group activities such as horse therapy, yoga, handwriting clubs, and much more!