American Bandy Hockey League
This league, for 3rd-8th graders, begins APRIL 10, and is played on Sunday afternoons. Players can register as a team, or as an individual who will be placed on a team. Teams are not coached, but the players make decisions to build their independence and leadership skills. An introductory clinic will be offered at the start of the season for players to learn the unique rules of the game.
What IS American Bandy???
Hockey Biomechanics took a European game and created “American Bandy.” While it is not limited to hockey players only, it does foster many of the puck possession and battle skills used in hockey. We encourage players of all ages to compete and have fun! This high energy game is a great alternative to hockey and pure fun for non-players.
The USBL has an official rule book and set of playing standards that encourage players of all ages to compete and have fun. This high energy game is a great escape from hockey and pure fun for non-players.
- Offered to boys and girls
- If a team registered that needs a player – participants that registered as an Individual will be placed on that team.
- Spring Season is current grade
- Games are for 1 hour, in between time slots of 12 – 5pm on Sundays, April 10-May 22
- No practice, just games
- Registration closes Friday, March 25
- Schedule posted April 4th
- Minimum of 5 players per team; max of 7 players
- USBL Waiver must be completed and registered for every player with The Community House.
- Safety Equipment is provided. Goalies must wear a helmet with a face mask (also provided). Mouth guard is optional.
- No Coaches required. A Referee is provided by Hockey Biomechanics, Inc.
Location: All games will be played at The Community House.
For additional information or questions please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 630-323-7500 Ext. 247