What We Do > Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
It’s time to Register for the 2017 Walk the Walk for Autism on April 23rd
- Over 1200 participants walked in Walk the Walk for Autism
- You helped us raise over $92,000 benefiting programs and services provided by Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
- Top Team was Walker Wildcats — raising $14,320 with 151 members
- Top Fundraiser and Fitbit winner was Noah Tomanovich — raising over $7,550
And we need you back to make 2017 bigger and better! We’re counting on you to rally your friends and form a team to raise money to support Charlie’s Gift Center. 1 out of 68 children are diagnosed with autism spectrum related disorders. Early intervention along with mental health and social skills support is essential to families facing autism and related disorders. Charlie’s Gift has served hundreds of children and families providing $334,687 in programs and services to children and families affected by ASD each year.
Click here to register you or your team now. Walk the Walk for Autism is a family & pet friendly 5K which takes you through the streets of Hinsdale. The walk steps off from The Community House at 415 W. Eighth Street in Hinsdale at 8:30 am on April 23rd Rain or Shine.
Register before April 10th and receive a free T-shirt. Early bird registration fee $35.
About Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Charlie’s Gift offers individual and group therapy, and family support services, to address the behavioral and developmental needs of children, adolescents and young adults who are challenged by:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Social-communication disorders
- Sensory processing and integration disorders
- Anxiety, mood and attention deficit disorders
Charlie’s Gift addresses the needs of children and families facing autism and related disorders through speech, occupational, behavior therapy, counseling services, social skills development, parent advocacy and family support. All children are welcome, including those without a diagnosis. As a community wide resource serving the Chicago metro area, Charlie’s Gift strives to raise the awareness of the impact of autism and related disorders on families.
Through a family-centered team based approach, Charlie’s Gift is committed to providing a range of services to optimize the development of the child and adolescent, the personal growth of the young adult, and strengthen the family as a whole.
What Makes Charlie’s Gift Unique?
- We provide a comprehensive array of therapy services and fun group activities for children to offer a holistic approach to intervention.
- We work with children in the context of their family,which means that parents, siblings, and extended family members are supported as well.
- We utilize an empowerment model to foster personal growth in young adults
- We strive to raise awareness of Autism Spectrum and related disorders by providing community education and community based services.
Charlie’s Gift Services
We offer several Social-Skills programs. Find a tailored program for participants aged 9-16 years.
Family enrichment opportunities set Charlie’s Gift apart in treating the entire family affected by a child with ASD.
- COFFEE & CONVERSATIONS
- Join us the first Wednesday of every month from 6-7 pm at Charlie’s Gift Center for an open conversation
Questions, comments, or want to stay connected?
Email Cara Romanini, Clinic Coordinator, at email@example.com