What We Do > Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Thanks for supporting the 2017 Walk the Walk for Autism
- Over 1100 participants and 30 teams walked in Walk the Walk for Autism
- You helped us raise over $106,000 benefiting programs and services provided by Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
- Top Team was Walker Wildcats — raising $20,796 with 217 participants
- District 181 Schools raised over $43,000 and had 600 participants
- Top Fundraiser was Noah Tomanovich — raising over $8,175
- Top Fundraiser for Corporate Challenge was Mid-America Real Estate
1 out of 68 children are diagnosed with autism spectrum related disorders. Early intervention along with mental health and social skills support is essential to families facing autism and related disorders. Charlie’s Gift has served hundreds of children and families providing $334,687 in programs and services to children and families affected by ASD each year.
About Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Charlie’s Gift offers individual and group therapy, and family support services, to address the behavioral and developmental needs of children, adolescents and young adults who are challenged by:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Social-communication disorders
- Sensory processing and integration disorders
- Anxiety, mood and attention deficit disorders
Charlie’s Gift addresses the needs of children and families facing autism and related disorders through speech, occupational, behavior therapy, counseling services, social skills development, parent advocacy and family support. All children are welcome, including those without a diagnosis. As a community wide resource serving the Chicago metro area, Charlie’s Gift strives to raise the awareness of the impact of autism and related disorders on families.
Through a family-centered team based approach, Charlie’s Gift is committed to providing a range of services to optimize the development of the child and adolescent, the personal growth of the young adult, and strengthen the family as a whole.
What Makes Charlie’s Gift Unique?
- We provide a comprehensive array of therapy services and fun group activities for children to offer a holistic approach to intervention.
- We work with children in the context of their family,which means that parents, siblings, and extended family members are supported as well.
- We utilize an empowerment model to foster personal growth in young adults
- We strive to raise awareness of Autism Spectrum and related disorders by providing community education and community based services.
Charlie’s Gift Services
We offer several Social-Skills programs. Find a tailored program for participants aged 9-16 years.
Family enrichment opportunities set Charlie’s Gift apart in treating the entire family affected by a child with ASD.
- COFFEE & CONVERSATIONS
- Join us the first Wednesday of every month from 6-7 pm at Charlie’s Gift Center for an open conversation
Charlie’s Gift Center Returns to TCH in Hinsdale May 24
The Community House is delighted to announce the return of Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders to our Hinsdale facility. Through a family-centered, team approach, Charlie’s Gift addresses the needs of children and families facing autism, sensory processing disorders, anxiety, and other mental health issues. To read more about the move, click here.
Questions, comments, or want to stay connected?
Email Cara Romanini, Clinic Coordinator, at email@example.com